Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blog, so I thought a series post would be best with my Goodreads reviews of all 3.

Exhume (Dr. Schwartzman #1) Read January 2017 (Amazon)
3.5 Stars
I did like this book. It was an entertaining and easy to follow book. It isn't the best writing that I have ever read, but it was a good mystery with a few story lines that did eventually connect. I will likely read the second book in the Dr. Schwartzman series if there is one. The narrator on the audiobook was very good!


Excise- (Dr. Schwartzman #2) Read August 2017 (Netgalley)
4 stars
I am enjoying this series. I liked this book even better than the 1st and it was a quick read that kept me turning pages. I can't wait for Book #3 to come out. I like the combination of mystery with a bit of medical information and the varying viewpoints of characters. 

Expose- (Dr. Schwartzman #3) Read July 2018 (Netgalley)
3 stars
 I liked the information about the cases and forensics just like I did with the previous two books in the series. However in this book I didn't like that this book was much more graphic about torture and history of abuse for more than one character. I liked how well Hal and Dr. Schwartzman work together as colleagues but I was disappointed with the cliffhanger. This isn't my typical genre but I really enjoy Dr. Schwartzman's character and dedication to her job as a medical examiner throughout this series. 


Thank you to Netgalley and Thomas Mercer for the opportunity to read books 2 and 3.

1 comment:

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...