Monday, July 2, 2018

2018 Mid-year Audiobook Challenge update

2018 Audiobook Challenge

Thanks to the Caffeinated Reviewer and Hot Listens for hosing this challenge. 
Goal Levels:
  • Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
  • Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
  • Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
  • Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
  • Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
  • My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30+
  • Marathoner (Look Ma No Hands) 50+
I LOVE AUDIOBOOKS!!!  My original goal was 15 Audiobooks for 2018 which would have put me at the Stenographer or Socially Awkward Level. GREAT NEWS  I have already completed 15 Audiobooks which means I need to update my goal!
My updated 2018 Goal is Binge Listener and I hope to complete 26 Audiobooks total this year! I have been listening to Audiobooks more as I shop online, do dishes, etc. This year I am creating more time to listen which has been wonderful. I'm not sure how much I will be able to enjoy audiobooks this Fall when school starts up again so I thought 11 more for the year was an attainable goal.

2018 completed audiobooks:
  1. Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
  2. Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng
  3. The Heavens May Fall by Allen Eskens
  4. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
  5. As Bright as Heaven by Susan Messier
  6. Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah
  7. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
  8. Every Note Played by Lisa Genova
  9. I’m not your Perfect Mexican Daughter by Erika L. Sanchez
  10. Tangerine by Christine Mangan
  11. Deep Dark Descending by Allen Eskens
  12. Look Alive Out There by Sloane Crosley
  13. The Broken Girls by Simone St. James
  14. The Girl Who Smiled Beads by Clementine Wamariya
  15. Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman
Top 3 Listens so far this year:

Born a Crime by Trevor Noah- (my 5 star review here)-  I started the year off with a wonderful book read by the author.  Trevor Noah's story and narration were amazing! I highly recommend listening to this book instead of reading it!


Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman- (my review)  This was the first fiction book I listened to that was read by the author and I absolutely loved hearing Catherine Steadman's voice as the narrator.  I enjoyed the mystery of this book too!


As Bright as Heaven by Susan Meissner- (4 star review) This book was a good read but the 4 narrators made this book one of my top Audiobooks.  

I still have an Audible account and get a book a month there.  The other audiobooks I use my local library.  I recently began using the app Libby instead of Overdrive and I am still adjusting to the changes...not a fan, yet.

Currently listening to:  
Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine and I absolutely love the narrator's voice as well as the story.  I am making time to listen to this one! 

Next up:
When Life Gives you Lululemons by Lauren Weisberger : I think this will be fun!  I'm thankful my local library has new releases on downloadable Audiobook.


I hope you have had a great year of Audiobooks so far!  I think so many times listening to a book enhances the reading, especially when the author is the narrator for nonfiction and fiction!










2 comments:

  1. When Life Gives You Lululemons will probably be very fun on audio! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost to your goal and we are at the halfway mark so you should have this! I have mine almost completed also! Good luck in completing the challenge.

    Mary my My Update!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...