Monday, January 29, 2018

The Heavens May Fall

The Heavens May Fall by Allen Eskens


 I was completely hooked on figuring out who killed Jennavieve Pruitt.  I don't typically read police books, but Max Rupert was a great protagonist in this book and it left on a bit of a cliffhanger so now I can't wait to read Deep Dark Descending. (Max's wife died 4 years ago, and he recently found out she was murdered) Last year I read The Life We Bury (review here)  and also got completely caught up in the characters and the plot. Eskens is a talented author that kept me wanting to read more but still making this a realistic story. Boady and Max's friendship was another aspect that made this book good! I listened to this as an Audiobook and the narrators were excellent.  So in the series of 4 books I have read #1, #3 and will read #4 (which comes highly recommended).
4.5 Stars!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...