Wednesday, January 31, 2018

January Wrap-up

Wow!  January 2018 has flown by! Here is a summary of what I read and posts I have this month.  I didn't post reviews for all the books, I am not sure why, but it has been a good month of reading!

Completed Books- 6




The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo-  A great book and a fun Book Club Discussion. It was a positive way to start 2018 books.

Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake- A good book from Netgalley that was released Jan 9th 2918


Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng-  (audiobook)I LOVED this book.  It will be interesting to hear what my friends say at  our Feb. book club.  My 5 star review here


Born a Crime by Trevor Noah-  A great non-fiction Audiobook!  My review here


The Heavens May Fall by Allen Eskens-  Another great Audiobook, I am impressed with this author! Review



Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams-
 This will be a very popular summer read. I 
received an ARC and loved reading these characters.  (review to come soon!)







Currently Reading-  The Great Alone by Kristin HannahCurrent Audiobook- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi




Challenge Updates-

TBR Pile Challenge- 0/12 read  (1 book started, When Breath Becomes Air)

Audiobook Challenge- 3 out of 15 read (I'm surprised at this number but its good I am getting ahead during the cold months)

Nonfiction Challenge- 1 out of 9 read 

Book Bingo Challenge- 4 squares completed (free space, a book published in 2018, a brand new book, a nonfiction book)

How was your January?  Any books you loved or that surprised you from your reading?

1 comment:

  1. Yay for good reading months! It does look like you read quite a few good ones, Cori. And several I want to read. I'm especially looking forward to Little Fires Everywhere. I hope you have a great February in books!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...