Saturday, February 3, 2018

Summer Wives

Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams




This book had so many elements that worked well together and made it a book that I stayed up late to finish! There is a unique setting on an island where the class system unfortunately plays a role as we see the residents navigate summers with visitors. There is also romance (more than I expected, but it was well done) and most importantly a mystery. At times I was unsure why the author was writing about a character, but all of her words, and descriptions of island life were intentional and played a role in the story. At times, with the authors words, I felt like I was near the water, or at one of the grand parties with the characters and that added an extra layer to an already great story. I liked the format of the changing years and the characters narrating, it was easy to follow along with each of the stories. I know this book will well received by fans of Beatriz Williams this summer when it is released and I can't wait to read reviews and chat with others about this book when it is released. I am very appreciative to have had the opportunity to read an ARC of this book provided by HarperCollins Publishers Page Turners program. This book comes out in July 2018

4 stars!

3 comments:

  1. I love Beatriz Williams! So glad to hear you enjoyed this one; I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her books...nice review.

    I am looking forward to reading this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read my first Beatriz Williams book recently and really enjoyed it. I can't wait to read this one. I am glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...