Monday, June 25, 2018

Something in the Water

Something in the Water by Catherine Steadman




This book had me hooked right away! From the beginning I was curious what had happened leading up to her activity in the first chapter. The flashback to the events leading up were important character building, and then about 30% in the book picked up and didn't stop. I like how all of the different plot lines played a big role, the documentary subjects, the honeymoon, Mark's job etc. This book was a perfect mix of mystery, character development, and a great adventure. I listened to this as an Audiobook and I loved hearing the author read the book she wrote and it read just as she intended the voices to be. Reese Witherspoon picked this book for her June bookclub and although I don't tend to follow all celebrity book picks, this was a great recommendation!4.5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed it, I am really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to read this one, I'm on a pretty long wait list at the library!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...