Tuesday, February 20, 2018

As Bright As Heaven

As Bright As Heaven by Susan Meissner



From the beginning of the book I was completely hooked. The book portrays the awfulness that families went through during the Spanish Flu epidemic in 1918. While I loved the character development, there was just some things in the 2nd half of the book that I didn't love that makes me give this 4 stars instead of 5. I don't want to ruin the plot, but I feel like there were things that were intended for character development but that I didn't feel added to the storyline. Overall I loved Meissner's writing and the voices of each girl through the changing narration (especially early on) were well done. It was important to see the characters grow and change with the challenges that they faced.  The narrators of the audiobook were perfect, if you are a fan of audiobooks this is a good one

4 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...