Friday, November 3, 2017

Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life

Sisters First: Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life

by Jenna Hager and Barbara Bush



This was an Audiobook for me. I really enjoyed hearing about Jenna and Barbara's lives. I am close to their age so I can relate to some of the same things (flip phones, etc.). I love how the Bush family writes so many personal letters and they are shared in the book. Hearing the girls read their story was wonderful. I also love Maine and enjoyed hearing stories of their time in Kennebunkport and Cadillac Mountain. There are many humorous stories and I was laughing with them and also humble/sentemential moments.  This book touched upon political topics (like the gulf war, elections) but it was because it was part of their lives and not in a preachy way. I loved hearing about the bond they share and how they have chosen very different paths in life but remain close.
An unexpected 5/5 stars!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...