Friday, February 2, 2018

Non Fiction Friday- When Breath Becomes Air

Nonfiction Friday
Thanks to Doing Dewey Decimal for hosting Nonfiction Friday


I have completed my 2nd book for the Nonfiction Challenge. (also hosted by Dewey Decimal) My goal is 9 nonfiction books for the year!


I was surprised by this book. I didn't know what to expect when I started it and it got me thinking. I did enjoy hearing about the medical aspect of this book but I am not sure what to think overall. His love for literature and neurology is what made this book work well. I also completely understand that it was written towards the end of his life.  I didn't anticipate so much of the philosophical aspects of it and Im not typically drawn to those conversations either. I think the Epilogue by his wife tied the whole book together and filled in some of the missing pieces. Im glad I listened to this short book, but I didn't love it as I had hoped! I'm wondering if the words were meant to be read and if it lost a bit of power in the audiobook. 3.5 Stars (I almost feel guilty saying that)





3 comments:

  1. I felt bad that I didn't love this one as much as I thought I would. I thought his wife's writing was lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did love this book, but I get how it might not be for everyone. Even though I knew how it was going to end, it still made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear this didn't live up to the hype for you! It's still on my to-read pile, but I hope to get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...