Sunday, December 10, 2017

2018 TBR Pile Challenge

2018 TBR Pile Challenge

Thanks to Roof Beam Reader for hosting the 2018 TBR Pile Challenge.
Here are 12 books that have been on my TBR list and (book shelf) for awhile.  I am hoping this challenge will help make 2018 the year I get these books read! I have chosen a few nonfiction books too since that is a genre I am trying to pick up more often. For the complete rules I'm following please check out the information on Roof Beam Reader
I have to admit, this is a pretty random collection of books on my shelf.  A few are e-books and a few have been ARCs (I never got a chance to read) and a few have been passed on from friends!


1.  To the Bright Edge of the World by Eowyn Ivery (2016)


2. Between Shades of Grey by Ruta Sepetys (2011)



3. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keys (1966)

4. When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi (2016)  (Nonfiction)



5. The Kind Worth Killing  by Peter Swanson(2015)


6. The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street #1) by Karen White (2008)


7. Nine, Ten: A September 11 Story by Nora Raleigh Baskin (2016)  (Middle Grade book) My school copies have been read by numerous students, but I haven't read it yet!  




8.  The Hypnotist's Love Story by Liane Moriarty (2011)


9. And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie (1939)


10. Sweet Water: A Novel by Christina Baker Kline (1994)


11.  Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder (Hannah Swenson #1) by Joanne Fluke (2000)


12.  The House Girl by Tara Conklin (2013)  


2 Alternates- (they are allowed, I promise!)
Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly (2016) 
The Girl Who Fell from the Sky by Heidi W. Durrow (2010)


I know its a mixed bag of books listed, but I am ready for the challenge this year! What is on your list?


5 comments:

  1. I’m looking forward to reading And Then There Were None. I’m only familiar with one other on your list - the nonfiction title . I read it in a bookshop earlier this year - very sad. Enjoy getting through your TBR this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The three I really liked from your TBR list are To the Bright Edge of the World, When Breath Becomes Air and Lilac Girls (on my top ten last year!). All good choices!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy the challenge. I really loved When Breath Becomes Air so hope you end up picking that up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Then There Were None is one of my favorites - I've read it three times! And Flowers for Algernon is a special book. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And Then There Were None (aka Ten Little Indians, and the prior even-less-PC title) is my all time favorite Agatha Christie novel! The BBC adaptation was nicely done as well. I hope you enjoy it as well.

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...