Friday, February 23, 2018

The Italian Party

The Italian Party by Christina Lynch


The Italian Party started off great with a funny scene with their car as they arrived in their new town, Siena Italy. I wish the whole book would have been like that because I wanted more humorous travel scenes. I enjoyed the secrets and mystery that Scottie and Michael had in their marriage. It was interesting to see how their pasts were revealed and how they both changed throughout the book. The characters in the Italian city are a fun group too.  The idea of this book is great showing how Americans viewed other countries and tried to push its ideas onto citizens all over the world.  The only part that was difficult for me was following the political plot with the communists and different political parties.  I did get confused a few times but it didn't take away from the story. There was a lot of unexpected parts about horses, which I also enjoyed (and no animals were harmed)!! Overall I did like the characters and I most loved life in Italy and the descriptions of  the town, countryside, pasta etc.  Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's press for the opportunity to read this book.

3.5 Stars


2 comments:

  1. It's always so disappointing when a book starts out good and then goes downhill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the first few chapters were hysterical American travel mistakes. I didn't like some of the confusing political parts, I just wanted more fun Italian adventures with this characters! Still a good book overall but not what I expected!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...