Monday, February 12, 2018

It's (Mailbox) Monday, What are you Reading? (02/12)


I'm joining in for Mailbox Monday and It's Monday What Are you Reading this week!  Thanks to Mailbox Monday and The Book Date for hosting! 



MAILBOX MONDAY


The City Baker's Guide to Country Living by Louise Miller- This book arrived from Penguin Books and The Book Club Cookbook blog. I love their Instagram page for pictures of books and food that pairs with the book.


ITS MONDAY WHAT ARE YOU READING?


As Bright As Heaven By Susan Meissner (Audiobook)

There are different narrators for the voices of these girls.  I love the different perspectives and the flu epidemic is not something I have read about before.


The Italian Party by Christina Lynch (Netgalley)
This book is a fun breath of fresh air.  Two American newlyweds go to Italy in the 1950s with their own secrets and reasons for being there.  In the first chapter they get their car stuck between two buildings in an Italian village. A tiny bit of mystery too and fun characters in the village.  I am loving it!


Recently Finished:

The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah - My 5 Star review here

10 comments:

  1. I have an ARC of The Italian Party, but haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Glad to hear you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The City Baker's Guide to Country Living looks delightful. I hope you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you loved The Great Alone, as I did. As Bright As Heaven is one I just might listen to later in the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m glad you liked The Great Alone. I need to read that one. Have a great week!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved The Great Alone.I've been noticing As Bright As Heaven...and wanting to read it, too.

    Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing The Italian Party everywhere and now really want to try it for myself.

    The Great Alone was wonderful for me up until about the 80% mark and then it sort of fell apart. I thought too much was out of character and the neat and tidy ending was just too much for me. (My review posts tomorrow.)

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Italian Party and The Great Alone look like good ones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the cover on THE CITY BAKER'S GUIDE TO CITY LIVING.

    I LOVED AS BRIGHT AS HEAVEN.

    THE ITALIAN PARTY looks good too.

    ENJOY your week and your books.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you loved The Great Alone. I have been eying Bright as Heaven. The City Baker's Guide to Country Living looks like one to enjoy. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...