Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to In 2018

Top Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to In 2018 

Thanks to Broke and Bookish for hosting TTT again this week!



This year I am participating in the TBR challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader and am looking forward to reading those 10 books that have been on my TBR shelf for awhile (at least a year!). I am happy to say I have already read some books on my 2018 Winter TBR. I highly recommend By The Book by Julia Sonnenborn and I am currently LOVING The Seven Wives of Evelyn Hugo (an Audiobook) as well as The Address. 


 



Other books I am looking forward to reading in 2018 include............

Born a Crime by  Trevor Noah  - I saw so many great recommendations for this book during Non Fiction November that I already have it on Audible and can't wait to read it.

  Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng  I have had this on my TBR list forever. I should have read it by now, but its a bookclub pick for February so I will have it done!

  Next Year in Havana by Chanel Cleeton  I am so excited about this book and I hope it lives up to my expectations in February.


  Dreams of Falling by Karen White-  She is quickly becoming my favorite author so I can't wait for her new book in summer 2018. Unfortunately I was not approved for an ARC on NetGalley so I have to continue waiting!
  Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.  This is a book released years ago (2011) that I have been wanting to read. I recently just bought a copy of the audiobook on Audible as the daily deal.  This will be a perfect read this winter on my morning commute.

 Summer Wives by Beatriz Williams I am looking forward to this book by Beatriz Williams.  There isn't much hype about it yet, but it looks like the perfect summer read and she is a reliable author for me.



The next group of books don't have covers yet but I already can't wait to read them!!  

Lethal White (Cormoran Strike #4) by Robert Galbraith -  This is the 4th book in the Cormoran Strike series.  I am not sure if there is an official release date yet, but I hope it is in 2018!

 The Seven Sisters (Book #5) by Lucinda Riley.   This book is Tiggy's story and I hope it is released on Audible with the UK release in late 2018.  No cover or date, but I love this series and can't wait for the next book!

Ambush (Sydney Parnell #3) by Barbara Nickless-  I really like this railroad police series. Sydney is a tough lady and I love it!  I have enjoyed the first 2 books in the series and it looks like book #3 comes out in November 2018.

Expose (Dr. Schwartzman #3) by Danielle Girard-  Another random series that I have enjoyed about a coroner (not my typical genre) that is a strong female character.  It comes out in July 2018.

2017 was a great year of reading for me, I am looking forward to more great books in 2018.  Happy New Year to All!




5 comments:

  1. Next Year in Havana is so good! I read it earlier this month and I'm still thinking about it! Sorry about not being approved for Dreams of Falling :( Hopefully it's worth the wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny! We must have very similar tastes. I loved Seven Husbands though I'm a bit late on the review...My book club is reading Little Fires in Jan. I also have The Address on my shelf and was just about to request Next Year in Havana!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Born a Crime and Little Fires Everywhere are both really good. I can't figure out the approval/disapproval process on Netgalley - it doesn't seem to make any sense. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh, Little Fires Everywhere was fantastic. I'm not one to usually read literary fiction books, but this book grabbed me and wouldn't let go. Celeste Ng has a way with characters, details, and plot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great list! I meant to post my list last week, but it didn't publish--so it'll be up tomorrow. Several of these are books I want to read too (although they didn't make my list). Little Fires Everywhere and The Address especially. I'm really curious about Lucinda Riley's series. My mom read Summer Sisters and really enjoyed it. I'm reading another book by Beatriz Williams at the moment (my first by her) and really enjoying it.

    I hope you are able to get to all of these! Have a Happy New Year, Cori!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...