Saturday, December 16, 2017

By The Book

By The Book by Julia Sonnenborn


I loved so much about this book. I enjoyed Anne's character and her life as a professor in a small college town.  Anne was totally relatable and she wasn't perfect but that made her even more human! There is humor and a great plot. This book is considered a modern retelling of Persuasion by Jane Austen and although I haven't read the classic, this book was a stand alone success. I like how Anne's job was a writer and professor of 19th century woman's literature. She has a wonderful friend named Larry that added a light heartedness to the book. This book was a fun reminder of university life, love interests, and good friends. Thanks to BookishFirst for putting this book on my radar with a FirstLook read and to NetGalley for the opportunity to read the whole book with an electronic ARC from Galley, Threshold, Pocket Books. I'll be recommending this to others! It is scheduled to be published on February 6th 2018.  4.5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I was so bummed when I didn't win this one on BookishFirst :( But I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed it. I love perfectly imperfect characters so I'm sure I'll be able to relate to Anne. I also remember Larry from the preview, and thought he was funny. Great review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also was so sad I didn't get this from Bookish First, but it (the marketing) worked because after reading the first part of it I knew I had to finish the book! NetGalley is wonderful for that sometimes! I think its an enjoyable read, I hope you are able to enjoy it at some point!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...