Thursday, December 14, 2017

Book Club Selections for 2018

Book Club Selections for 2018



One of the book clubs I am in is a group of friends I have known for years.  We are all educators and have been in this book club for 12 years.  We had our organizational meeting this past weekend and decided on 8 books we will read.  Each person has a month and a date to host.  Its fun to see what others pick, some friends read every month and other friends need a bit of a "fun" read to join in.  No matter what there is friendship and laughter (and YES, we do talk about the book at some point!)


The Hate U Give, Angie Thomas- I just finished this Audiobook so I'm ready for our January discussion


                       Little Fire Everywhere, Celeste Ng



13 Little Blue Envelopes, Maureen Johnson






Next Year in Havana, Chanel Cleeton- (My choice! I can't wait!)




                  One of Us is Lying, Karen McManus






The Address, Fiona Davis







                Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine,
                                                        Gail Honeyman









Before We Were Yours, Lisa Wingate







* I apologize for any formatting issues, I'm still learning!

How does your bookclub pick selections, month by month or do you know the books ahead of time?  I am in each type of bookclub, and I like planning ahead for library reserves!

1 comment:

  1. Your book club sounds great! One of my bookish goals is to eventually join a book club, but there aren't many opportunities around where I am. You're luck to have your group of friends - none of my in real life friends really enjoy reading. Also I've read Next Your in Havana and LOVED it! There's so much to discuss about this book, and the setting and the characters are so lush and fantastic. I hope you all love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...