Monday, January 9, 2017

A Gentleman in Moscow

A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles


This book was not a quick read for me, but it was time well spent. I want to meet Count Alexander Ilyich Rostov because everyone he meets is absolutely charmed by him. I noticed that all of the stories told in the book or games played with Nina had a purpose, as they played a role towards the end of the book with Sofia and others. I love that the author was so intentional. I also loved reading the Count's thinking, and his logic to the situations he was in. Life in Russia was explained very well and at times I felt like I was in the Metropol Hotel right along with him. He was humorous and I loved his wit. A very good overall read that will appeal to many types of book readers.

4.75 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...