Tuesday, October 31, 2017

In the Midst of Winter

In the Midst of Winter by Isabel Allende



I enjoyed the character development in this book. I haven't studied the political history of parts of Latin America in years, but this book was a good reminder for me as the characters flashed back.  I have been to both Chile and Guatemala and although this topics aren't often in books the political impact is important. I like how the snow storm brought the characters together as they began to trust each other. Isabel Allende is a wonderful story teller and makes the reader feel like they are there with the characters. I love the international elements she incorporates in her books. I also love the title and the meaning of it! I recommend this book to people that enjoy strong characters and historical elements. Thanks to NetGalley and Atria Books for the opportunity to read this book.
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...