Saturday, October 14, 2017

Nonfiction November

10 Nonfiction Books I haven't read (but want to read)


I'm joining Sarah from Sarah's Book Shelves for the NonFiction Book Swap.  Feel free to join in with the link on her page! The books (in no particular order).

1.  Reading People by Anne Bogel-  I have been following Modern Mrs. Darcy blog for awhile now and I enjoy her book reviews.  I enjoyed hearing her open up about the process for her to write this book and know it would be a book I enjoy.

2.  Born a Crime: Stories from South Africa by Trevor Noah-  A Bestseller that I have been wanting to read, but just haven't gotten my hands on it yet.

3.  A Short Guide to a Happy Life by Anna Quindlen-  This book was on every nonfiction book list that I looked at for recommendations!  It seems to be a nonfiction must read!

4.  Stormy Seas by Mary Beth Leatherdalde-  I had to include at least 1 picture book.  I work with a handful of students that are refugees.  I think it is important to include a variety of diverse books on my school bookshelf.  

5.  When Breath Becomes Air- by Paul Kalalinthi-  This book has been on my To Read shelf forever. It sounds amazing and has 5 stars from the majority of my friends that have read it.

6.  Are We Smart Enough to Know How Smart Animals Are? by Frans de Waal-  This looks interesting.  We are at the zoo all the time with the kids and sometimes animals just impress us with their instinctive abilities. (and I recognize a zoo isn't the best example).

7.  The Radium Girls by Kate Moore-  Another book on everyone's non-fiction recommendation list.

8.  Ada's Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay-  by Susan Hood.  Another NonFiction picture book.  I am a lover of all things Latin America.  I have taken more than one trip to South America and one of those trips was to donate supplies to a small school north of Quito Ecuador.  This book looks wonderful.

9.  Scrappy Little Nobody by Anna Kendrick-  I have to include one fun memoir in Nonfiction November. Right? It was either this one or The Girl with the Lowerback Tattoo by Amy Schumer 

10.  Forty Autumns by Nina Wilner- I am a sucker for historical fiction books, and this nonfiction book seems to be a similar read. 


Any Recommendations that I am missing?  Happy Reading!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...