Saturday, December 9, 2017

The Hate U Give

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas


This is one of the top Audiobooks that I have listened to.  The narrator for this book Bahni Turpin does an amazing job with the various voices as well as the tone of the book.  It is one thing for me to imagine the voices, but hearing the voices as I imagine Angie Thomas intended them to be heard makes this book so much more powerful.  While I was listening to this book the struggle of Star to fit into the 2 different lives she felt that she led was stressful for me, I can't even begin to imagine how she felt.  There were so many lines that made me stop and think.  So many layers to this book and I think it would make a great bookclub book.  This book is very current with topics of racism, police shootings, and the struggles that face people in the US right now.  I highly recommend this book and can't emphasize enough how well done the Audiobook is!  5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...