Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Top Ten Picture Books I Hope Santa Brings

Top Ten Picture Books I Want Santa to Bring

Thanks to the Broke and the Bookish for hosing TTT


I am an elementary teacher and a mom.  I typically read and include on this blog only YA and Adult books so I thought it would be fun to include picture books that I know my children would love or my students at school would enjoy.  



Red and Lulu by Matt Tavares
This book looks wonderful and has been recommended by many.

Wolf in the Snow by Matthew Cordell
An almost wordless picture book about kindness, I love encouraging my children and students to tell the story that they see on the pages before we read together.  


 I Am Peace by Susan Verde
My son loves doing kids Yoga and we love previous books by Susan Verde.

Windows by Julia Denos

A book that helps build community.

Why am I me? by Paige Britt
This book has wonderful text and powerful pictures.

After the Fall (How Humpty Dumpty Got Back Up Again) by Dan Santat
This book is a unique twist on Humpty Dumpty. I love that it teaches perseverance.

This is How We Do It:  One Day in the Lives of Seven Kids from Around the World by Matt Lamothe
 Another diverse book that introduces cultures and traditions around the world.

Most People by Michael Leannah
With the political climate it is so important to teach children that Most People are good people.  This book is powerful.  We got it from the library and my daughter made me tear up with the questions she asked about it and the discussion it created.



Stormy Seas by Mary Beth Leatherdalde- 

I work with a handful of students that are refugees.  I think it is important to include a variety of diverse books on my school bookshelf.



 Ada's Violin: The Story of the Recycled Orchestra of Paraguay-  by Susan Hood

 Another Nonfiction picture book.  I am a lover of all things Latin America.  I have taken more than one trip to South America and one of those trips was to donate supplies to a small school north of Quito Ecuador.  This book looks wonderful.




Any other picture books you recommend?  Feel free to give any of these as a last minute gift idea to children or teachers in your life!

3 comments:

  1. I see SO MANY beautiful things on this list! I would honestly die to get any of these for Christmas! These are all so cute. I'm glad you decided to do it on picture books, they're amazing!

    My TTT: https://bookslikewolves.wixsite.com/blog/single-post/2017/12/19/Blogmas-19-Books-I-Want-My-Future-Children-To-Read

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was hoping the picture books would be a fun change for all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you included picture books. I hope Santa is good to you!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...