Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Beartown

Beartown by Fredrik Backman


This book must be read slowly to savor the words. I was hooked from the beginning.  There are conflicts in the book about society and good vs. evil and right vs. wrong. I loved the many perspectives of this book and the character development was amazing. I'm not a huge fan of hockey but appreciated the role it played in Beartown.  These characters will stick with me. There were many things I loved about this story and I am glad I took my time reading it to fully understand it. I am surprised at the scope of the Author Backman. I loved A Man named Ove, the curmudgeon, but also appreciate the thoughtfulness of Beartown.  Ove made me laugh and Beartown made me think.  Two very different books but shows Backman is a  talented author. Thanks to Netgalley and Atria Books for the opportunity to read this book. 4.5 Stars rounded up to 5

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...