Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thankfully Reading Weekend- Wrap-Up

Thankfully Reading Weekend Wrap-up

Thanks to Jenn at Jenn'sBookshelves for hosting!
It has been a great Thanksgiving Weekend!  I didn't read nearly as much as I had planned or hoped to read.  Even though we didn't travel we were busy cooking, hosting, and then decorating the house for Christmas.  It was great to catch up with family and friends and I am thankful to not have as many dishes to do for awhile!!  

I finished The Wife Between Us and highly recommend the book.  My 4.5 star review is here.


I am still working on the Audiobook of The Pearl Sister (The Seven Sisters #4) and I absolutely love it.  I am 16 hours into the 20 hour book.  I hope to finish it in the car this week!

I'm reading (50% through) and enjoying a Netgalley ARC.  Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella.   Although I see Sophie Kinsella's writing maturing from her famous Shopaholic series, she still has humor in her books that I love. 

The last book I am slowly reading and savoring is Fresh Off the Boat: Stories of Immigration, Identity and Coming to America by Larry Smith
I have been invited to a small gathering with the Author, Larry Smith, in December.  This book is absolutely amazing to me. There are many 6 word powerful phrases of immigration and also short stories that have me stopping and thinking. I have only been reading a few pages at a time to appreciate and internalize what I am reading.  I can't wait to write a full review in a full weeks after the event. This book also doubles for Nonfiction November.  A list of my nonfiction
Favorites ones that are New to my TBR and my My Nonfiction List that I hope to read in 2018.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...