Wednesday, June 6, 2018

How To Walk Away

How to Walk Away by Katherine Center


I didn't know what to expect from this book, but with the first chapter I felt like Maggie was my friend. Various aspects of a tragedy are addressed and it all came together beautifully. There was only one storyline towards the end that I thought likely would not have happened (no spoilers.....why did the whole family travel to that event?), but overall the book was well researched and I enjoyed reading it. I think so many families in Maggie's situation would have done the same thing and I can only imagine how much a traumatic injury affects life for all involved.I loved seeing the growth and development for Maggie, Kit, and Ian throughout. Overall a great book that I highly recommend. While it deals with a tragic topic, the book isn't a depressing book and I enjoyed the bits of humor too. Thanks to Bookish First for putting this book on my radar and St.Martin's press and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book! 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...