Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday- June 26th

Top Ten Tuesday-  The Book Series Edition


Thanks to That Artsy Reader Girl for hosing TTT


Book Series I currently LOVE -

The Seven Sisters by Lucinda Riley- A bookclub I am in has read the 4 already published books.  There is an underlying mystery with who is PaSalt, but the characters, setting and stories are just beautiful.  I have enjoyed listening to all of these books as audiobooks and can't wait for the next few books in the series.  Book #1 is my favorite, but I have enjoyed them all!
The Shadow Sister #3 (review here)
The Pearl Sister #4 (review here)
No Publication date yet set for Book #5 in the USA.








Dr. Schwartzman Series by Danielle Girard
I think I got the first book in this series from the Amazon First program for Prime Members.  I loved the 2nd book just as much and can't wait to read the 3rd book that comes out next month.  This follows a medical examiner as she lives life while being followed by her ex-husband.  It is the perfect amount of mystery and medical info during autopsies.  4 star books!
 My Review of Excise











Publication date- July 24th 2018 (I can't wait!!)












Sydney Rose Parnell-By Barbara Nickless

These books are about a railroad police special agent and her K9 partner Clyde. These books are heavy on the mystery and can be a bit graphic with the crime descriptions but I love the main character and her struggles and successes.  Another great series I found with Amazon First Books.
Book # 3 Ambush will be out in 2019














Book Series I USED to Like (but won't read future books)

Everything We Keep by Kerry Lonsdale-  (My review here)
I really enjoyed reading this book and it was well received at book club too!  I did not like the epilogue of the book (which was a chapter from the 2nd book in the series).  I should have known not to read Book #2, but I read it anyways and it just made me done with the whole series.  I know that book #3 comes out soon.  I wish this author the best of luck, but I liked the first book as a standalone only!


Good Hope Series by Cindy Kirk
I read books 1-4 and enjoyed them (3-4 star books), but I feel like I have overstayed my welcome in the town of Good Hope.  I like that this book has characters with upstanding values and that make good choices, but I am not interested in reading about the sisters (all named after flowers) anymore!

























A few other series that I started but won't finish-

The Gibson Vaughn Series by Matthew Fitzsimmons- I really enjoyed The Short Drop, but Poisonfeather didn't do it for me.  I don't think I have the energy for book #3 (which has ok reviews or #4 when it comes out this fall)

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (Millennium Series)-  I enjoyed books 1-3 and while I respect that David Lagercrantz took over books #4 from the original author's (Steig Larsson) notes, I respectfully bow out.  I know that Book #5 is coming out soon, but I will pass!



I am excited to Blog Hop and see what others have picked. I am sure there are many I will think..... "Oh I should have put that on my list!"  I didn't include any YA or Children's books but there are many series that I LOVE  (Piggie and Elephant by Mo Willems anyone??!!?)

4 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying the Gibson Vaughn series - I got the first book on a whim from Kindle First and it was surprisingly good. I will be starting #3 soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that Kindle First has introduced me to some great books I wouldn't have known about. I am glad you like Gibson Vaughn, I wish I would have liked Book #2 more!

      Delete
  2. I stopped in the Girl With a Dragon Tattoo series as well after the author's passing. The story just wouldn't be the same without that same author writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I've been seeing a lot of people mention the Seven Sisters in one of my facebook groups. That is interesting. :) The covers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Dr. Schwartzman series books 1-3

Danielle Girard has a series about a medical examiner, Annabelle Schwartzman that I enjoy. I haven't posted any of my reviews on the blo...